On this Humantay lake trip from Cusco you will have the opportunity to hike to the Humantay mountains and take amazing pictures of the turquoise waters of the Humantay lagoon. You will be accompanied by an experienced and professional tour guide who will make sure that your trek to lake Humantay exceeds your expectations. Lake Humantay is a natural wonder, nestled among majestic Andean mountains, and the lake is surrounded by a spectacular glacier. You can dip your feet in the freezing cold lake or if you are brave enough you can go swimming in the lake if it's sunny.
• 04h30 Pickup from your hotel in Cusco
• Transportation Cusco to Soraypampa
• Professional and experienced tour guide
• Trek to lake Humantay
• Entrance ticket to Salkantay trail
• Transportation Soraypampa to Cusco
• First-aid kit
• Drinks/water not included
• trekking poles not included
• Original Passport
• Trekking shoes
• Clothes appropriate for very cold weather or thermals
• Rain poncho
• Hat, Sun glasses, Sun protection
• Water, Snacks and Trash bag
The Humantay lake tour from Cusco requires you to hike 6 miles or 10 kilometers in an altitude of 4200 m.a.s.l. or 13,7779 feet. The hike is rated medium in difficulty. We recommend that you do this tour after you have been acclimated to Cuzco's high altitude at least 2 days.
The Humantay lake tour from Cusco departs daily and it is available year round. The months of January, February and March are in the wet season, please bring a good rain jacket.
Cancellations allowed with 48 hours notice and a $25 usd per person cancellation fee